clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net

clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net
Fun, Fashionable and Affordable!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pine wood Derby

Daddy Dave slaving over the perfect design :)

The trophies/ set up (my brother Brandon is in the plaid shirt- he's the Webelos leader in one of the other wards)

Jax getting ready for the big event:) So his uniform was a blue Tshirt and the bandelo because he's just barely become a scout and I forgot to buy a uniform-oops! he survived though and we made sure to go right out and get one before blue and gold banquet!)Jax with the 'Slithering Style' car (that was the award he won- it had a snake decal on it) Also notice our kitchen in the back ground- i.e. dark cabinets, ugly ply-wood looking formica, dark grout tile etc. . . new pictures coming soon:)

I made tons and tons of Twinkie cars for refreshments, they were super cute! I was pretty sick of looking at twinkies by the time I was done though:)

March was a crazy busy month for scouting we had the pinewood derby and the blue and gold banquet two weeks later. Jaxson had his very first scouting Pine wood derby in March. It was fun but I am also the Cub Master- and very in charge so it was my first pinewood derby too! I sweat bullets over it but in the end it went really great! He took fifth overall and second in the wolf pack in our ward ( it was 3 wards combined) so he didn't get to go to regionals but he was pretty happy nonetheless.

No comments: