clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net

clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net
Fun, Fashionable and Affordable!

Friday, April 23, 2010

CRACKERS!



Our dear friend Crackers (aka Kitters, Crack-Attack, etc.) had to be put to sleep on Wednesday April 21st 2010. :( What a horriblly sad thing! He was diagnosed in December with FIP, I can't remember what it stands for exactly but it is a terminal cat illness. We had never heard of it but the vet said it is every cat owners worst nightmare and she was very sorry for us ( she said they usually only live 6 wks -6months after being diagnosed and there is no real treatment). So we've had Kitters on prednisone steroids for the past five months to slow the progression of the disease and help keep him comfortable. The last few weeks he had really started to digress and Dave and I couldn't stand to watch him suffer any more. It was so sad. I never thought I would cry over a cat-- especially that cat ( he and I had a very obvious love-hate relationship, he loved Dave and the kids and hated it when I touched him). I was mostly so sad for Dave and Jax kitters was their baby! They cuddled and were such sweet friends. Crackers was five and a half and has been part of our family since Jax was only one yr old. Dave took him to the vet to be put down while I took Jax to swim team. I still feel guilty for sending Dave alone. I probably should have done it, I wasn't nearly as attached as he was.








No comments: