clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net

clevertiffo.jamberrynails.net
Fun, Fashionable and Affordable!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Nesting?

Carter is holding the dolly and the dolly layette set and Eva is holding the baby's layette set and her matching Pajama's. Sooo cute! Evy and Carter hanging out with the baby's quilt.

The quilt I made for the baby. It's kind of hard to see in this pic but I love it, it turned out cute.
The Crib with the layettes on it. All ready to go. Just needs a little one ;)

We have been anxiously awaiting the coming of this little baby and as a result I believe I am beginning to 'nest'. I've got the house cleaned up (mostly- as good as it's gonna get haha), I made the baby a quilt, I've got the baby blankets and clothing washed folded and put away tons of cases of diapers and wipes bought and the bassinet and crib set up and ready to go. This year I took it the whole nesting thing to a whole new level--Halloween costumes are all ready and have been for about a month and I've already got Carter's birthday shopping and the Christmas shopping all complete (just need to wrap it all). Not bad right? Considering Carter's birthday is after Thanksgiving and Christmas is a whole month after that. haha. Dave thinks its pretty silly, but needless to say we are ready. When this little baby finally comes all we will have to do is enjoy her! I think I went a little crazier with the whole nesting thing this time because Carter was born three weeks early and I didn't really have ANYthing ready at all. Go figure (watch this girl be super late, boo! I hope not, I am ready now ;p)

Although, She does need to wait just a little while still, because Dave is headed to St Louis this weekend for some Hockey Games with friends and it would be really sad to have a baby with him away. (he's had this planned since before we were pregnant and he'd be devastated to miss it) So. . . I calculated it and if she comes exactly as early as Carter did she will be here in time for Halloween (the 28th). Which would be great--- as long as she doesn't come on Halloween because I am so excited to dress up with the kids this year. (Dave's gonna dress up too! for the first time ever since he was in grade school!) If she's born on Halloween that would mess up the whole Dave-costume-thing and he's fairly certain he wouldn't do it next year because he's already sad he promised me he'd do it this year :)
My mom's been helping me as well- she's so funny she found layette sets for the baby and she bought one set in premie size (for Eva's Dolly) and one in regular 0-3 month size (for the baby) and then she searched around and found matching PJ's for Eva. Evy can't wait! I can't wait either because I think it will make for some absolutely darling pictures!

1 comment:

The Calls said...

the quilt is adorable! i love the back with all the different textures and colors. I'm glad everything is all ready for the baby, it'll make it much more smooth transitioning once she come! I can't wait to see you all and meet her this christmas!